That was some press conference last night....Let me see if I can find the best nuggets
1. CNN reporter Jim Acosta - where he not only dismissed the broadcaster as "fake news" but "very fake news. guffaws
26. He said his 306 electoral vote victory was “I guess the biggest electoral win since Ronald Reagan.”
This is untrue guffaws some more
Every president since Ronald Reagan, with the exception of George W Bush, won their elections by a greater margin than Donald Trump.
Confronted with this falsehood, Trump at first said he had been talking about Republicans. But when he was told of George HW Bush’s 426 vote win, he said: “I was just given that information, I was just - given it, we had a very big margin.”
The reporter asked: “I guess the question is, why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they receive as being fake when you’re providing information that is not accurate?”
Trump said: “Well, I was given that information. I was, actually I’ve seen that information around. But it was a very substantial victory, do you agree with that?”
The exasperated reporter simply replied: “You’re the President.”
300, 000. Trump claimed America was "becoming a drug infested nation." He added: "Drugs are becoming cheaper than candy bars".
He did not provide any evidence for this claim. heh its just me who thinks he had one candy bar too many
4, 000,000. He said: "Number one: I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life,” Trump said. “Number two, racism. The least racist person.”
8 billion. He called on Jewish reporter Jake Turx, who writes for Ami Magazine.
The reporter started by saying he hadn't heard anyone in his community say he or his staff were anti-Semitic.
But he asked a question about a rise in anti-Semitic abuse since Trump's election, which apparently enraged the President.
He cut Turx off, saying "Sit down. I understand the rest of your question." Turx spoke up, trying to finish his question, but Trump said: "Quiet. Quiet. Quiet" and called him a liar. pisses his pantaloons
He said: "See, he lied about – he was going to get up and ask a very straight, simple question.Welcome to the world of the media.”
He went on to say he hated the charge, and that he found the question "insulting." He suggested the rise in anti-semitism was from his opponents, posing as his supporters
6. He warned there could be a "nuclear holocaust like no other" if he could not reach a good deal with Putin
7. He said he'd 'love' to be able to shoot a Russian ship out of the water
8. "The leaks are real, the news is fake" wtf does that even mean
9. He made up a story about a congressman cancelling a meeting. The President claimed Elijah E Cummings, of the House Oversight committee, was due to meet with him about the price of prescription drugs, but cancelled it.
He went on to say Cummings probably cancelled after being warned off by Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer because meeting with him would be "bad politics".
Cummings says he made it up.
10. He said Mike Flynn didn't do anything wrong
11. He insisted the Muslim ban had a "smooth rollout"
Of the travel ban, which is currently suspended on the orders of federal judges, pending appeal from the Justice department, he said: "We had a very smooth rollout of the travel ban, we had a bad court."
....and here's one thing he didn't do
At no point during nearly an hour and a half of questions, and despite being asked three times for a clear answer, he didn't deny his staff had been in contact with the Russian government during the election campaign.
The closest he came was saying he was not aware of it.
Is it just me or does his nose get bigger the longer he stands in front of the cameras?