From: Somewhere Texas
While I am happy for the couple, and do wish them the best, I must voice a few concerns.
1) Americans have a fondness for bacon on everything, which may prove problematic at meal times.
2) The American sarcastic streak has yet to be defined by science as to its limits, and the British are often at a loss on how to deal with it.
3) And finally, has anyone thought to give the prince the "How to understand what an American Woman means when she says ________"?
I mean seriously, without that all important manual, there is a good chance that the prince is going to say something, and she will reply with the standard pissed off American female response of "Do what you want."
He will then go off and do what he wants and come home to face a woman who has mutated from the sweetest thing in the world to something Satan and God would avoid on a good day, and get whopped upside the head with whatever blunt object she can find.
Here, if one of our British users will forward this to the prince, for his own safety, is the basic list.
1 Fine: A lot of women use this word to end an argument when they don’t want to talk about it anymore. When a woman says, she could really be saying just shut up. Also, sometimes when a woman says I’m fine, she often is far from ok. What she really means is I’m not ok but I don’t want to talk about it. She could alos mean, “I’m still too upset to talk about the issue.
2. Whatever: This is like ‘fine’ except that it is significantly worse. Most times, this spells trouble.
3. I don't want to talk right now: Sometimes, when a woman says that, she really doesn’t mean it. It is sometimes a passive way of getting a guy to pay attention as a sort of test. In other words, she's checking to see if he cares. A little prodding and the lady who says “I don’t want to talk right now, will be talking non stop.
4. You don’t care: She knows that you love her and you care so don’t get upset when she says that cause she means something else. What she actually means is that you have not shown how much you care in while and she needs to be reassured. Next time she says that, don’t get angry just shower her with enough tender loving care.
5. It’s really nothing: It is definitely something and she expects you to know what that something is. If you are not a mind reader and you don’t understand your woman, you’ll never guess what it really is.
6. It’s Okay: This is one of those dangerous statements that women make. When she says it’s okay, she could really be mean, I’m taking my time to plot how to pay you back for whatever it is you have done. Most of the time, it is accompanied with ‘Fine’.
7. Yes Sir or Yes boss: Careful there, it’s not a sign of respect, she’s only being sarcastic. You may have said something to her and she goes like ‘Yes Sir’. It doesn’t mean she’ll do as you say, she just wants to kill that topic of discussion.
8. It’s up to you: You better be careful when she says that. It could be a test and your decision will be scrutinized and judged, especially when she gives you an idea and you are not buying it or you want to do something she’s not okay with. To make your decision, you need to weigh up the consequences of doing what you want.
9. I’m sorry: No she's not. Sometimes, women would say I’m sorry just to get their way or get pout of a bad situation. Though, it is genuine sometimes.
10. Go ahead: Do not think she is fine with your decision or she’s giving you permission. Most of the time, she is daring you. Don’t do it because she’ll pay back and it won’t be funny.
11. I hate you: She doesn't really hate you, it's just anger speaking. This is not to say that’s what a woman means every time she uses these words. She could really mean what she is saying sometimes. There are some women who are as straight forward as men and they mean what they say.
One special note, when a woman says go ahead do not, under any circumstances do whatever she seems to be telling you to do. This is a combination of threat and dare (regardless of what the woman who wrote the article I referenced says) because the odds are that if you follow this statement with an action, the authorities will never find your body.
Especially if she is an American.
And lets not forget what happened the last time a British royal married an American woman, I mean there was a world war, he had to abdicate, and a few other nasty things. I am not saying she was at fault, but I am not too sure that God or the Gods really approve of such things.
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
You cannot control who comes into your life, but you can control which airlock you throw them out of.
Paranoid Paramilitary Gun Loving Conspiracy Theorist AND EQUAL OPPORTUNI