Correcting the typo
1. Eliminate Money in elections and in Congress
A. For Presidential Elections
i. Abolish the Electoral College in its entirety
ii. Let every individual candidate who gets a minimum number of signatures on a petition get on a National Ballot
iii. Eliminate ALL private funding of candidates - Dark Money especially, but ALL money
iv. Give EACH candidate public money of $3 Million. That is wayyyy less than what is spent on security at taxpayer expense for the candidates in our current system. The $3 Millon is limited to campaign expenses and can be spent any way the candidate chooses (advertising, travel, etc.)
v. Make the election 8 weeks from candidates getting on the ballot to the actual election
vi. Have as many debates as possible within the 8 week time period (have Zoom if needed)
This gives the power to the US voters, and takes it way from political parties, monied interests and corrupt state legislatures
vii. REQUIRE VOTER ID, but make sure a Voter ID is easily, and quickly attainable with proper documentation. Allow for people who don't have transportation to government offices, who may have to do this online or by phone. Voter ID should be available 365 days a year
viii. Make it SIMPLE to vote for all registered and previously ID'd voters. That includes:
Online - YES ONLINE! (Crazy you say. China could hack the system!)
ONLNE Voting - Protect the vote!
Impement a Protect the Vote Intiative
Allowing anyone to verify and see exactly how each (de-identified) voter voted, as well as see his/her own vote. ALl voters would be identified by a random voter ID, so their identities cannot be discerned.. Anyone who voted in person or by mail, or online, can obtain a full report of the tallied votes, and verify it is correct. They can export it to excel and tally it themselves. That way all votes are automatically verified by the voters themseleves.
B. House of Representatives
1. Same Public funding for elections as in Presidential elections, but only $500k is alotted - Destroying corruption, lobbyist interest, and party control over candidates
2. Rank choice voting for representatives. If there are 5 seats open, then the entire state votes for five candidates on the ballot, and specifies a preference for which district they would like that canidate to serve. The top 5 candidates get selected for those seats in the districts that were the highest voted for their name
This KILLS gerrymandering and gives the power back to the voters of the state
3. BAN the Republican-style pay-to-play scheme of forcing the House members to raise money from lobbyists and give it directly to the Repiblican party JUST to keep their seat in the house. MORE $$$ for speakerships, and more for Top leadership positions. - Watch Matt Gaetz admit all of this in "The Swamp"
This takes all the power from the political parties and allows INDEPENDENT voices in the House
4. With the complete demise of political parties grip on the House, the Speaker position can return to the Non-Partisan nature of which it was intended. In fact it SHOULD be someone outside of the House entirely.. The SPeaker should have limited power to keep bills or ammendments from reaching the House floor.
US Senate similar public financing plan for elections. Once again... Takes away the power of political parties, monied interests, etc.
C. State Houses - similar to US House